[Ibogaine] greetings re:fear

m.finman mafinman at optonline.net
Fri Jan 14 18:40:53 EST 2005

Hi,
     I'm 5mos+ out from my ibogaine after 20++years of insanity.  I consider it nothing short of a miracle and am aware many times a day how different life is for me now.  I actually cannot picture that I was the one that lived that existance for all those years. When I think back on it occasionally It's like watching a movie and not having any idea who the leading actor is.
     I'm curious who these "experts" are.  Could they be makers of methedone, or politicians that get rich importing heroin or could it be some provider who wants you to spend a years income to get treated in their "safe surroundings"? Maybe it's my lack of respect for authority (since I was 6) that has me questioning things validity regardless of what someone  with a god complex or financial motives says. You did comment that in what you read you don't find it statistically to be unsafe. Your brain and instincts got you this far.  I'll have a large glass of faith and could I get a shot of confidence to go with that! Glug Glug.  Ok silly but it's a good visualization if in the end you crap out fear!!
     Fear and people dying,  makes me think of all the people who od'd on street drugs or died of HIV or been thrown off of rooftops or out of windows because of drugs.
I had no fear at 4:00am crawling into unbricked abandoned buildings on the lower east side or over the bridge in williamsburg and walking up some almost nonexistant stairs to hand a whole lot of cash to some guy and then walk out onto a street full of junkies and cops.  I always figured I had beat out the statistics on all that stuff that I was meant for other things and if all that didn't get me and kill me it wasn't going to happen now.
     Other than wanting hope and salvation from all this (which is what I feel I got) and being practical and taking some precautions I guess the thing would be to get an ekg (which is all I had)  and if there are doubts about your heart an echo cardiogram would reveal more.  Blood work for liver levels if you suspect problems there.
     I remember after my flooding dose after being dope sick before starting as it hit and I was lying on the bed as all the visuals in my head came on I recall taking a second to realize that my body at that point in time was as still and peaceful as it ever had been.  Pretty good for someone who was just dopesick!
     Physical death is a possibility crossing the street or getting out of the bathtub.  I guess it would depend on how concrete your spiritual beliefs are as to how big a deal in the scheme of things that is.  I remember knowing that death was something that was a possibility and I took precautions to make sure the peoples who's house I was in would take no heat( what's one more dead junkie in the bronx anyway). The rest was something I wasn't going to anxt about because the bottom line was I was doing the ibogaine and let come what may.
     I wish for you the peace and calm to realize that which you already know.
                                                      Martee