[Ibogaine] HCL (was: iboga experience & therapy)

Nick Sandberg nick227 at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Jan 10 18:36:33 EST 2005

-   In fact, I am presuming that all of the
> recorded deaths to date occurred as a result of the administration of
> HCI.

Hey Ekki,

Just to mention that I wouldn't consider the opinion so much of someone who
makes a statement like "I am PRESUMING that all of the recorded
deaths...."[my caps]. I mean it's great they mention it's just a presumption
and don't try and pass it off as established fact, but basically if someone
doesn't even care enough to try and check out the information that is
available then that's someone who's opinion is not worth so much. Just my
opinion!

My knowledge is: 3-4 people have died after taking ibogaine HCl, perhaps
more; 1 person has died after taking the Indra iboga extract, perhaps more;
it's generally held that people have died, some would say regularly, after
taking whole rootbark. My opinion is that if you're going to take iboga or
ibogaine in any form then there is a basic risk of death. To minimize this
go for medical tests, you need liver and heart minimum.

If someone tells you that the extract or the whole rootbark or the HCL is
safe in the face of well established facts about ibogaine related deaths
then that person has a "hidden agenda" - something they don't want to tell
you. Maybe they're on a healer trip; maybe they hate non-medical settings;
maybe they have some pet theory about the universe that they don't really
want to examine too closely, but whatever it is it means you can't really
trust what they say so much.

I'm not trying to put anybody down, we've all got stuff we don't want to
examine, me along with everybody else. But I don't think you can really take
it that ibogaine is any safer in one form than the other. That's my reading
of all the ibogaine stuff I've seen over the last 5 years or so.

with love

Nick   www.ibogaine.co.uk

One other problem that has been mentioned by suppliers of the