[Ibogaine] thoughts on a movie and ibogaine

slowone at hush.ai slowone at hush.ai
Fri Jan 7 18:28:02 EST 2005

>    I have to admit to feeling a bit confused about the whole
>ibogaine thing. I felt wonderful and KNEW it was going to fade
>and many have made their various suggestions, and yet, here I
>am, right back near pretty freakin much where I started...

Preston, did you ever go for any aftercare? I remember you were
kind of avoiding or postponing it early on.

One of the hardest things I have dealt with from my ibogaine
experiences has been the shock of having discovered that I am
damaged. It took a long time to get used to this, 6 to 20 months
depending on how you count it, and in the end it was a church
(serving ayahuasca) that gave me hope again.

Anyway, especially to folks who feel elated after ibogaine, I
strongly recommend cultivating some form of therapeutic attachment
if you don't already have one.