[Ibogaine] the black box

Patrick K. Kroupa digital at phantom.com
Fri Jan 7 12:37:31 EST 2005

On Jan 7, 2005, at 10:54 AM, Jeffgd1 at aol.com wrote:

> hey Patrick or anyone else
>  Resnick had me try the black box. He was the only Dr here in the
> states with it back in 94ish andit was a joke. Despite it's
> ineffectiveness He did help me through a quick strictly dope detox and
> for that i can only be grateful ....of course i picked up again as
> soon as the authorities were off my back.
> Black Box didn't do dick

Hey Jeff, I can relate.

> he was also doing bupe treatments....they lined up at the door like
> the lower east side...hmmm

That was always surreal.  Uhm, I go where?  "Just step down, to the
side of the townhouse, you're calling me (@ 3AM, a Holiday, the
Weekend, 8PM), walk down the stairs.  Call me again when you're on the
block.  Have your cash ready.  Stick your hand through the grate, and
I'll drop the materials in your hand."

Hum ... I can't QUITE PLACE IT ... but this scenario seems strangely
familiar and fillZ me with a strong sense of Deja Vu.

All that being said, I still have nuthin' negative to say about
Resnick...  He didn't preach at me; didn't go out of his way to try to
make me feel like a piece of shit.  He was just ... trying to help.
The fact he didn't have too much to work with, is more a reflection on
the "state of the art" in opiate/opioid treatment, when you remove
ibogaine from the picture.

"Okay!  We attach leeches to the patient until the Evil Spirits
leave!!@#!!!"

Erm, yeah, okay.  Doesn't seem to be working.

> Patrick your writing about it takinga full 6 months to get the brain
> firing correctly again is the most realistic thing i have read it aint
> no 6-8 week deal at least for this 45 year old head

It takes a while...  Hang in there.  If you need a tune-up, then
fuckin' go for it.  And congratulations on making it through a party
weekend without pickin' up dOpe when it's right in your face.  That can
be really hard.  You should try to remember That Moment.

"Hum.  Well.  Ya know.  I *DO* have control and I *AM* making choices
again.  It's been a while!"

Rock ouT do0d & CongratulationS!

Patrick