[Ibogaine( ]Out of Topic ) Bunyan's Apologies

The Garden GardenRestaurant at comcast.net
Thu Jan 6 20:37:25 EST 2005

John Bunnyan 's original apology for " the Pilgrim's progress "

<SNIP>

If that thou wilt not read, let it alone:
Some love the meat, some love to pick the bone:
Yea, that I might them better palliate,
I did too with them thus Expostulate:

May I not write in such a stile as this ?
In such a method too, and yet not miss
Mine end, thy good? why may it not be done ?
Dark Clouds bring Waters,when the bright bring none,
Yea , dark or bright, if they their Silver drops
Cause to descend; the earth by Yielding Crops,
Give praise to both, and carpeth not at either,
But treasures up the Fruit they yield together;

Yea, so commixes both, that in her Fruit
None can distinguish this from that: they suit
Her well, when hungry: but if she be full,
She spues out both, and make their blessings null.

<SNIP>
God bless
francis