[Ibogaine] Out of Topic Discussions - Are they effective for the list?

Lee Albert myeboga at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 4 18:25:01 EST 2005

Carla,

Its easy to judge someone without knowing them in person.

I am sure there is a lot of truth in what you say but I dont really go along with all your character assessments particular when you try to psych me online.

Your entitled to your opinion but you would be making a mistake to assume it is correct.

The website I set up is an attempt to convey the spiritual aspects of eboga and by your own admission you have not read it. It is not a personal statement of anything other than my own struggle to understand something that might help others. I am not going to go through its contents as that would be very boooring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to be so negative but I am in a very combative place right now and not really in the mood to be patronised.

All the best to you,

Lee

Carla Barnes <carlambarnes at yahoo.com> wrote:

Guys ;-) Calm down a little!

If you haven't noticed in the last zillion messages
here, a lot of people already start messages with 'ot'
[OT] '-OT-' which means Off Topic. Sometimes they
don't remember to post that ;-)

This is the list charter at the bottom of all the
messages, I think Patrick said he wrote it years after
the list started to describe what it is. He did a
great job and did it with humor but it's honest

http://ibogaine.mindvox.com/IbogaineList.html

I think the list does exactly what it's supposed to
do, people look for help they find it, they talk,
there are all these messages of gratitude to this
place. I have the same feelings, I looked for help and
inspiration and I found it here years ago and yes
Patrick I won't mention you by name a zillion times
anymore ;-)

The list doesn't have any problems I can see, its a
great community.

Lee I like reading your messages, sometimes they give
me something to think about sometimes I read a
sentence and skip the rest. I also wrote you a short
message when you first came on here about coming
across with a lot of ego. Instead of arguing you
changed your tone, which made me have more respect for
you. I think part of your problem might be that you
view yourself as this spiritual teacher and get
frustrated when nobody shows too much interest in
following you to wherever it is that you think you're
going. Reading your web site I think you made this
whole personal world without noticing what everyone
else in ibogaine is doing and then showed up and get
upset when everyone else doesn't want to join you
wherever it is that you are. Now you're down on
yourself because you've failed to live up to your own
standards? I don't honestly know! I think you're a
very smart, messed up person, which describes most of
the best contributors to this list.

If you want to gain followers or become more known as
a ibogaine spiritual expert or whatever it is that you
want, you might be looking in the wrong place.

Lorenzo has never said anything except about ayahausca
and art paintings, you set him off by writing a
message about addiction that was less then enlightened
;-) right in the middle of a good message Howard
posted. I hate to say it, but nobody is paying too
much attention to the views of anyone about addiction,
unless they have been a drug addict. Maybe somewhere
else but not here.

Francis is another crazy smart guy whos messages I
like reading ;-) Hi Francis! Except he doesn't have
the attitude of acting like he's looking for followers
he's only talking ;-)

Patrick what are the other lists here besides
sacrament?

The only thing that has ever truly offended me here
are the little kids who feel the need to repost
rotten.com pictures to this list. Hi, I know Patrick
is friends with the person who runs rotten. I know
they've been friends since they were both little kids.
But neither Patrick or the person who runs rotten.com
has ever seen the need to post their pictures to this
list. I personally find them disgusting and if someone
wants to view rotten.com they can go view it, I do not
need to open my email and see little boys with Jesus
on the ibogaine list. I think being openly disruptive
for no reason is the one reason that someone should be
thrown off this list.

That isn't having a opinion that's acting like a 5
year old who wants attention and bothering people who
are here to get help. This is the Re elect Bush Cheney
in 08 person who does this.

My opinions only.

Love to all

Carla B

--- Lee Albert wrote:

> Hi Frances,
>
> I think thats a good idea. I am beginning to
> question my contributions to the list and whether
> there is any point. I am also thinking they are way
> too academic to be of any real use. Apart from that
> I don't think my last few posts were in any way
> helpful as I allowed myself to get too personal for
> which I apologise.
>
> The list after all is primarily for people seeking
> advice on ibogaine. Is there room for discussions on
> healing systems etc?
>
> How do we best meet the primary needs of the list?
>
> Randy, any comments?
>
> Lee
>
> The Garden wrote:
> Why could we not use something like ( out of topic )
> in the subject ligne ?
> like :
> ( out of topic ) Mental
> ( out of topic ) Drug news
> ( out of topic ) Spiritual
> ( out of topic ) Fun
> ( out of topic ) Botanical
> ( out of topic ) Politics
> ( out of topic ) Where to get drugs in the Village
> ( out of topic ) Shrooms
> ( out of topic ) Music
>
> and so on .....so on.
> God Bless
> Francis

http://mail.yahoo.com

Amazing Grace: A true story based on the use of eboga / ibogaine over a six year period.

www.myeboga.com/amazinggrace.html
Free copies of Amazing Grace available here for members of the media / librarians etc:
www.myeboga.com/freecopy.html