[Ibogaine] Out of Topic Discussions - Are they effective for the list?

Preston Peet ptpeet at nyc.rr.com
Tue Jan 4 16:22:18 EST 2005

> I hate to say it, but nobody is paying too
much attention to the views of anyone about addiction,
unless they have been a drug addict. Maybe somewhere
else but not here. <

The police listen to non-addicts, as do legislators and other prohibitionist
types, unfortunately. Other than for those exceptions from "elsewhere," as
noted by Carla, she/you've hit the nail on the head. I haven't actually been
following the thread she's/you're talking about here but I agree with the
above sentence completely. If someone starts trying to tell me about
addiction and they've not actually experienced it, I don't care if they even
live with an addict- they might know what that is like but they still don't
really, really, really know what the whole "I'm addicted" thing entails.
It's too personal. V "knows" addiction like few others, but she still
doesn't KNOW what it entails for me inside, the physical and mental
torments. She knows a lot, but not the roots of it, the deep, dark aspects
way hidden inside that never come to light ever, and she won't unless she
becomes personally addicted to something (other than for her wonderful,
beautiful, incredible, can't-be-beat addiction to me that is of course. big
smile). So when someone begins talking about addiction, without that
personal experience, they might be able to tell me some things about it, but
I will still have more trouble listening to them than if the person speaking
actually is speaking from experience. This isn't to say I can't learn from
non-addicts, even about addictions, only that I will be more readily able to
pay attention to addicts than non- when discussing addiction.
Does this make sense? Am I rambling? Does it matter? Who is it? What does it
all meen? Why aren't there fields of poppies growing outside my window?
Questions without answers.
Um, ok, I'm slipping off the track now, gotta go.

Peace and love,
Preston the ramblin rambler.

mistaken for madness"
Richard Davenport-Hines