[Ibogaine] guns/violence in Canada

Jim Hadey jimhadey3 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 1 20:11:28 EST 2005

Hi all,

I can remember two or three times Detroit was called the murder capital of America.  In one of Detroit's record years for homicide Windsor, Ontario (Canada) had one murder by a handgun.  I don't have the answer, just thought I would mention it.  How you can cross the Detroit River and be in a completly different country with completely different results.

I'll leave this to the professionals to figure out.

  - JIM

Ms Iboga <ms_iboga at yahoo.com> wrote:
The only 'legal' guns in Canada are licensed hunting
rifles (usually in rural areas), and those on the hips
of police officers. Concealed weapons are strictly
not permitted, but it doesn't mean they don't exist.
There are shootings here too, just not on so massive
of a scale as in the US. I believe this might be a
population/numbers type of thing, coupled with the
fact that personal handguns are NOT legal in urban
areas. If they were- oh god, who knows what would be
going on.

In fact, there have been gruesome, weekly teenage male
stabbings here for months- think swarmings. And one
of the worst serial killers of all time is from the
west coast of Canada- Robert Picton. He murdered and
butchered many dozens of transient, unfortunate women,
and then fed them to his pet pig. Fucking sick
asshole.

Canada is NOT exempt from violence- we just have fewer
people and fewer guns, that's all.

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

http://mail.yahoo.com