[Ibogaine] early Dole/Nyswander paper - Addiction: A positive experience?

Lee Albert myeboga at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 1 11:18:48 EST 2005

Lorenzo,

In case you haven't notices this list covers a range of topics of interest to many. It is not simply a place to get a lead on ibogaine.

What you call endless navel gazing is an attempt on my part to understand things relevant to eboga and to try and put different perspectives on that. That is what I do as i consider it worthwhile. So if you find it tiring I suggest you skip over my posts as there will be plenty more like them. Hopefully they will contribute in some way. If not, well at least I tried.

As far as enjoying eboga goes, I use it as a tool and yes I do enjoy what I am learning about its ability to heal. Enjoyment is a part of life, is it not? As far as enjoying reliving past events and the work that has to be done, I can only say it sounds like you have never taken it and you have no real idea of what is involved.

It is not necessary to take ibogaine to stop smoking. I was using it as an example of addiction that i can relate to and bridge a discussion to others on the list.

BTW I discuss trauma and pain freely and without distress as I believe it is very relevant and is what most people are running away from. Its not the bogeyman it once was for me. I guess in someone who is running away from theirs this kind of openness can cause an angry reaction.

I looked up the definition of hubris:

"An arrogance due to excessive pride and an insolence toward others."

Love & Light,

Lee

Lorenzo <lorenzo-aguila at excite.com> wrote:

With all due respect I think you enjoy iboga because it offers you the chance for endless navel gazing. That's good for you and all but there would be many addicts and doctors who disagree with your opinions. There are many who smoke pot for the same reason.

To put it into perspective there are countless people who have stopped smoking without doing ibogaine 50 times or writing 100 messages about their pain every time they stub a toe. They decided to stop smoking, that was all.

I think all these things give you something to do, but projecting it all over all others is hubris.

"The way I look at addiction" is with a lot of hubris, ego and little understanding.

Cheers
Lorenzo