[Ibogaine] Note from Andria re; Peter Cohen

BiscuitBoy714 at aol.com BiscuitBoy714 at aol.com
Sat Feb 12 20:06:35 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/12/2005 10:24:50 AM Eastern Standard Time,
andria3a at yahoo.co.uk writes:
Thanks Nick, Randy, y'all: I'm resisting getting back on the Iboga list cos
of overwork already but looking forward to the conf. in NYC soon..
Some comments about this 'resistance' from Prof Cohen:

***A) PC is a brilliant man though using his huge intellect to bad-rap a
treatment for addiction, which clearly has validity, use and healing for our
peers/community and family and therefore our communities generally, annoys me A LOT.

B) At the New Mexico Lindesmith Conference, Marsha Rosenbaum, a woman I
happen to admire a lot otherwise, tried to stop Dana from speaking and had I not
intervened, would prolly have succeeded. I called her weeks later, to ask why
she did that and she said she had forgotten even doing it..

C)There clearly is something about Iboga that upsets those with money and
power in the movement, but I am unclear as to what it is...whatever it is, they
are not articulating with any convincing to me. I think it's personal, not
theoretical, political or economic actually. BUT y'know when people have such
fantastic brains, they can waste time with arguments that some will find
interesting if unhelpful

D) PC is a star in some circles, so people like to connect to him: I love his
mischievious childlike nature but I have had many one to ones with him and I
often end up feeling unappreciated, so i keep a little distance from him
nowadays.

E) I have written a longish e-mail to him, Nadelmann & Rosenbaum, saying in
short, PLEASE stop being so arrogant..."if addicts are saying that Iboga
improves their lives, nobody
(including y'all) should be throwing theoretcial spanners in the works."

I hope life is treating U all well.

Better go shopping: fridge's empty

Solidarity and Strength

Andria E-Mordaunt