[Ibogaine] Boosters

edward conn wardconn at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 31 05:43:44 EDT 2005

Its interesting how what I shared about my own personal experience has been
conveniently ignored and in fact what you say I do i.e name calling etc. is
exactly what you are doing here but in a snidey play ground sort of way. I
call a spade a spade and if it was'nt for the industrial revolution we would
be living in a barn yard feudal society were witches would be burned and
women and men at that dying from plague by the age of 35.

My explanation was, which againe gets ignored (conveniently) was to cause
thought, thats a product of the industrial revolution's mind set, the
ability to cognate. Think independently, children start to do it at about
the age of six. Ibogaine when it works well has the ability to stimulate
ares of the brain and as a result stimulate things like cognition, as a
result people learn and 'see' them selves and their surroundings in a
different way, and can learn to communicate that.

A booster may well and I have used it as such months down the line and to
good effect, but it is also not neccessarily the spirits that are doing it,
are they also creating the famines then, and so man is help less, no free
will only caught up in a voodoo world..mmph.

Let me share with you something from Dr Don Beck a proponent of Spiral
Dynamics and pioneer in moving social theory in places such as South Africa.
He is talking about the 'green movement' and its negative sides, its desire
to look at the world through fragmented and non integrated ways, a subject
which Ken Wilber the transpersonal theorist is currently writing about. And
in some way goes to explain the difficulties that the 'green' s have in
dealing witht the world as it is..

"you see, the whole idea of the 'mean green meme' is a rhetorical strategy.
Ken and I asked: how do we uncap green? How do we keep it moving? Because so
much of it has become a stagnant pond, in our view. So we said let's invent
the mean geen meme. Let's shaame it a bit, lets hold up the mirror and show
it what it s doing, with the hope that it will seperate the mean green meme
form legitimate healthy green. Lets expose enough people to the duplicity
and artificiality and self-serving nature of their own belief systems around
political correctness to finally get the wword out there that there's
something beyond that. Its a drastic measure, a rhetorical strategy to
create a symbol that will hopefully give people an understanding that what
they are doing is actually destroying the thing they want to accomplish."

Taken from " What is Enlightenment" Magazine.

And this is the danger of substances and techniques which move
consciousness, there is the need for integration and progression. It is why
traditionally in Western Africa that it is all done within a strict and
evolved on going social group. Were preparation may in some cases go on for
weeks or months and is engaged with through a system of genuine elders not
self apportioned ones. Like wise with all traditional practices of
'enlightenment' or persoanl growth/individuation. None rely on chemical
means alone, that is a western distortion puit forward by people who maybe
run before they can walk, which can be exactly the effects of something
which boosts mental and somatic experientials so drammatically. The negative
attribute that can come out of that is a non developing sense of self as
independent from a catalyst. Life should be the catalyst and in atruly
wholistic model is. Why are practically all Buddhist techniques human
techniques? Because we are so ingrained in human behavior, when you rely on
something which is not human to create change you are looking at a rapidly
untenable position, common sense should show us that.

In the words of C.G. Jung  "Every form of addiction is bad, no matter
whether the narcotic be alcohol or morphine or idealism."

I personally feel passing the message on to people seeking change that the
world is somehow some imbalanced reprensible place in which we all suffer is
not acceptable. You may cease someones addiction via chemical means but what
equipment are you giving them to deal with the world on a realistic level,
is that ethical? Freedom comes from mental liberation and allows people, us
all to progress in to adulthood. Is that not what the traditional model is
about, not this wishy washy magical thinking approach?

Ed