[Ibogaine] Boosters

Krista Vaughan krista.vaughan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 16:19:28 EDT 2005

Ed thanks for the response and I'm glad you don't disagree with the
principles of harm reduction, or so you are saying in one sentence.
It's every other sentence of what you actually wrote that seems to
contradict every tenet of harm reduction.

You obviously walked into a emotional minefield with the replies that
went across, maybe because the tone you are taking seems so arrogant
and full of yourself. I won't go on here because Nick Sandberg's reply
was quite perfect. It's all very nice in theory, but doesn't have too
much to do with most of the people I know back in the real world
struggling with addiction.

Speaking only for myself, I have a very hard time trying to remain
completely 'sober' and not self medicate with something. I have
cupboards full of the prescriptions cheryl or cindy ranted about and
have to agree that the people who have done more damage to me then any
underground dealers, are the medically sanctioned ones.

I would very much like to have access to low doses or boosters of
ibogaine,  to augment conventional or unconventional therapy. I don't
think anyone is suggesting that ibogaine maintenance is the permanent
solution to anything. The best description I can think of is one that
I believe Matt offered about the 12 steps. 'It's like a boat to get
across the river. Once you're across, you might no longer need the
boat'. In that case he was talking about the 12 steps, not ibogaine,
but it's the same analogy. It's also no different at all from a dozen
press interviews with Dr. Mash who's entire noribogaine concept is to
apply it in a patch and end up with sustained release noribogaine. The
only difference being Patrick listed exact numbers, doses and results,
for how to use ibogaine to get all of that right now. It seems to be
working for people.

KV