[Ibogaine] Boosters

edward conn wardconn at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 28 21:17:25 EDT 2005

You know this whole thing about 'boosters' - it sounds like a load of old
junky talk and boils down to this - not being able to live with
uncomfortable feelings, wanting to avoid ones own real feels and supplement
them for an artificially created one and were the 'ibogaine scene' becomes a
supplementation policy rather than a detoxification programme. Its bollox  -
the excuse perpetrated is that because it or any other 'entheogenic'
substance does'nt have a physical dependency risk its ok. But whos making
the claims - the people who are doing it. The question is this when does one
learn or atleast tentatively learn to live with ones own feelings and
actually find out who they are by allowing their brain/mind/body/soul to
communicate to them with out the need for artifice - which came first the
chicken or the egg - the human or the drug - so humans cant live w/out
drugs??  Theres a lot of people out there perpetrating things w/out having
compared them to long term alternatives i.e w/out. The addict is a part of
your self which at some point in one life one will or will not choose to
take head on, the addict has needs for sure but maybe to be listened too not
to be fed so that it shuts up....sound like a parent to you anyone???? So
who takes care of that voice and who smothers it or shuts it out??? What
does wisdom say to do...is that not after all what the vector of ibogaine is
trying to initialise in consciousness - awareness??? But it does'nt effect
free will, we were blessed with that after all and so the rebels keep the
pretence up for pretence sake. So where are the providers suggesting that
rather than some artifice of a mixed up psychiatric model???  Is there
ANYBODY out there???? Or is it just voices..........

Ed.