ENCOD Thread on Emery; Join 18 Cities Now Protesting!

Dana Beal dana at phantom.com
Tue Aug 16 15:14:11 EDT 2005

"Mark has tried to help by putting money and time into Ibogaine
treatments...."

Andria Efthimiou-Mordaunt

From: artur at kanaba.info
Subject: Re: [Eurodrug] 10.IX - Freedom to Marc Emery - Freedom to Farm

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 21:35:50 +0100 (BST), andria efthimiou wrote
 > Hey
 >
 > I can try and do this press release but I don't know a lot about it.
If U can help me with info I can do the English as U suggest
sweetheart. (I have been advised by MANY to look after my health, which
is why I am not looking at e-mail everyday anymore..) Apology for
slowish response

 > What I do know about Marc's case
 >
 > The US DEA?? are demanding from which Canadian authorities?? that
Emery be forcefully taken to the USA and tried for cannabis
narco-trafficking.
 > We (Encod etc) oppose this as he could face a life-sentence for
distributing an illegal substance that was for medical use - is that
right?

 > What does 10.1X mean/refer to Artur? Is that the no. of his
'criminal' case or what?
 > Andria

Dear andria,
it would be great if you could prepare press release so we could
translate it and distribute to local/international media. It should
describe marc case and should contains places of protests, i asked Dana
to send list with cities and contacts. So far, protest will be oranised
in London, Paris, Rome, Oslo, Prague, Warsaw, Brusselss.

im not able to write you more about marc case, and our response,
because im last hours online and later i will dont have internet access
for some - i guess long - time.

here is some informative text that joep proposed, you can use it as a
start i think,

greetings,
artur

From: goldyz at yandex.ru
Subject: Re: 10.IX - Freedom for Marc Emery

 >So far protest will be orgnized in Brussels, London, Paris, Rome,
Oslo, Prague, Warsaw.

Protest action will be in MOSCOW also.

Good luck!

-- Best intention, GoldyZ

From: artur at kanaba.info
Subject: 10.IX - Freedom for Marc Emery

Hi,

we just published some news and special banner on action.encod.org.

Please, distribute this text and join the protest

Canadian activist and cannabis seed producer Marc Emery was detained 29
July by his own government upon the request of the US Drugs Enforcement
Administration (DEA). He now runs the risk of being extradited to the
USA where he can get lifetime or even the death penalty for selling
cannabis seeds to US citizens over the Internet. Producing and selling
cannabis seeds is not a crime in Canada, but apparently, the US drugs
war machine overrules Canadian souvereignty.
It is important that Europeans re-act on this dangerous escalation. If
the US succeeds in imposing its will on Canada, Europe could be next.
Therefore, we invite all European citizens who want an end to the war
on drugs to join the protest.

 From Saturday, September 10 to Friday September 16, people allover the
world are holding protests at their local Canadian Embassy or Consulate
appealing to the Canadian government not to capitulate to the U.S.
demand that they extradite Marc Emery to the U.S. for actions that are
not even crimes under Canadian Law. If you want to join such a protest,
please contact encod at glo.be for more information. For the address of
the nearest Canadian Embassy, see
http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/world/embassies/menu-en.asp
So far protest will be orgnized in Brussels, London, Paris, Rome, Oslo,
Prague, Warsaw.

You can also send a short message to Canada's Minister of Justice Irwin
Cotler (or ask your Member of Parliament to do so). The address is:
webadmin at justice.gc.ca.
Fax: 613-954-0811
Snail mail: The Honourable Irwin Cotler
Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada
284 Wellington Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0H8

From: andria3a at yahoo.co.uk

Dear Friends - Artur, Dana & Joep,

I will write the press release: when should it be ready by? And is this
in reference to the activities being organised Sept 10th. Pressumable
the whole point of the press release is to let the world know what we
are planning. Actually Ian H/Reform also asked me to write this so I'm
feeling needed again at last..

When one of U answers, please answer to all three

best,

From: encod at glo.be

Dear Andria,

I don't know what is the idea behind the release you want to write. If
it is for the actions between 10 and 16 september, we still have time.
I also think maybe it is best if each group makes its own release as it
also will be related to its own situation, in its own language etc.
Besides, some of the plans (like for instance those I would like to
make in the European Parliament on 13 september) should not be known to
the press until after they are carried out..

Tomorrow on the encod member list I will send a text that I would like
to use for the encod action in the EP, perhaps you could help to make
that one sound well..

Best wishes,

Joep

From: andria3a at yahoo.co.uk

Dear Joep , A and D!

I agree that each group should do their own press release. For example,
John Mordaunt Trust (us) would need to support Mark because he has
tried to help 'addicts' by putting money and time into Ibogaine
treatments for us.

Nice to hear we still have time: I'm spending half my time in and out
of hospital appointments and much of the rest learning to meditate;
that is trying to get better.  If I don't I will have to stop working
altogether. (Btw, I may have some good news about office space again
soon..)

The idea Joep was something Artur and Ian and others asked me to do as
my English is good  - promise never to use b4 again for example :-)) -
and my guess is that they meant for us to let the world's press know
that we are not going to let March be extradited to the US without
kicking up a fuss. Perhaps U could ask Artur then what he asked me to
do

Artur & Joep the Encod website is greatly improved. Well done! Who did
it?

Hope U had a good summer holiday Joep

Andria E-M
www.usersvoice.org.uk
------------------------

New Listing by Phone--

Missoula: John Masterson, Montana NORML 406 542-8696 [613 De Foe St.
Missoula MT 59802] or Loretta Nall 334-415-9174
--------------------------

 From Saturday, Sept 10 to Sept 16, Global Marijuana March Affiliates
are holding protests at their local Canadian Embassy or Consulate
appealing to the Canadian government not to capitulate to the
outrageous U.S. demand that they extradite Marc Emery to the U.S. to
face life in prison or a possible death sentence for actions that are
not even crimes under Canadian Law.

So far 18 Cities are signed up to take some kind of action--Join them
Now!:

Auckland
Brussels
Detroit
Halifax
Honolulu
London
Missoula
Moscow
New York
Oslo

Paris
Prague
Rome
San Francisco
Toronto
Tucson
Vancouver
Warsaw

Marc Emery has given millions of dollars from seed sales to help out
whenever and wherever a local legalization group was a few  thousand
short of accomplishing their goals. He is the only major marijuana
proponent to go farther, and start the first Ibogaine clinic in Canada
after witnessing its miraculous effect on his son, a junkie. We cannot
allow the U.S., under the rubric of the War on Terror, the seize our
leaders around the world and bring them back to the U.S. to face life
in prison or the Death Penalty.

Please read the following  video and commit to doing some kind of a
protest outside the Canadian embassy or consulate in your city on
Saturday Sept 10 or the following week.  Sept 10 is when they're doing
a big protest in Vancouver, and it can really make a difference if we
can all coordinate actions, because most Canadians do not want to give
Marc up! (It's a sovereignty issue.) This list of Canadian Embassies
and Consulates around the world can be found at
http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/world/embassies/menu-en.asp

Get back to me; it is important that the ibogaine list be seen as being
able to react globally and do something effective the next time the
U.S. tries something like this.

Dana/cnw/212-677-4899

Pot-TV : Prince of Pot: Marc Needs You!
http://www.pot-tv.net/ram/pottvshowse3919.ram

Marc Emery & Death Penalty

The DEA has not yet assured the Canadian government that they
won't seek the death penalty. I must give you credit for bringing the
kingpin death penalty law to attention of me and many other activists.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/library/dbarticles.cgi?
q=death&keywordText=&x
=30&y=6
or http://www.cannabisculture.com/forums/search.php?Cat= and select
"Emery
Extradition" Forum and search for "death".