[Ibogaine] Gallo Research Center studies cause and treatment of alcohol, drug addiction

slowone at hush.ai slowone at hush.ai
Sat Aug 13 21:29:54 EDT 2005

"Ablation of the inferior olive affords protection against ibogaine-
induced neurotoxicity leading to the interpretation that ibogaine
itself is not directly toxic to Purkinje cells."

I.e. the only known form of ibogaine-induced nerve damage is the
result of a cascade of effects. I wonder if ablation of the
inferior olive would affect ibogaine's ability to interrupt
addiction. Addiction interruption could even be the result of a
different cascade of effects (rather than directly caused by the
ibogaine). Someday science may sort these things out.. hopefully in
my lifetime. Thanks for posting this, Howard.