[Ibogaine] oxycontin withdrawl & Bupe

Matthew Shriver matt at itsupport.net
Sat Aug 13 11:18:10 EDT 2005

I've never had the misfortune of getting strung out on benzos.  But I can
tell you why you want short acting opiates to detox, because the withdrawal
is shorter.  Longer acting opiates have a longer withdrawal and when you
take your final dose, the length between that dose and feeling normal is
crucial for long term abstinence.  I kicked heroin probably a dozen times,
with and without medications to help, and for me the hardest part, other
than the first few days of panicking about what was to come, was always
after I pretty much felt better physically, usually in the second week.
Because it was right about then that the darkest, ugliest depressions would
just knock my legs out from under me, until I broke down and went out and
scored some relief.  My only experience with actually kicking methadone was
by way of ibo so I can't compare it completely.  But I can say that three
days without methadone was really fucking uncomfortable, not that heroin
withdrawal was a walk in the park, but the methadone withdrawal was
definitely worse.

Matt

  _____