[Ibogaine] Gallo Research Center studies cause and treatment of alcohol, drug addiction

Eye of the Bhogi freedomroot at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 09:59:45 EDT 2005

>From the piece on Gallo funding of addiction research:  "But its side
effects, including hallucinations, which made it popular in the 1960s
drug culture, and evidence of toxicity to certain nerve cells in
rodent studies have discouraged studies of its clinical potential
against drug and alcohol addiction."

Howard or someone else scientific:  is the nerve cell toxicity related
to the hallucinations?  What do we do to our nerves with chemical
abuse anyway?  thanks, rachel