[Ibogaine] Re: all use equals abuse- NOT

Preston Peet ptpeet at nyc.rr.com
Tue Aug 9 13:22:52 EDT 2005

HI again Krista,
    Did I forget to mention last night in my haste and ranting that NOT ALL
DRUG USE EQUALS ABUSE?
    I'm Not yelling, merely emphasizing strongly that all use is NOT abuse,
or we'd have an entire nation of addicts and not one sober person, if we
wanted to consider ALL the mind/mood/body altering substances we human
beings use every single day- even those in the rooms, who rationalize the
hell out of what tobacco use is still on-going, and most room I attended
always had a fully caffinated coffee urn brewing away, quite often refilled
halfway through the meeting.
     So much of this stuff stems from biases- I don't do this/that anymore
and I'M happier (or say I am) so by golly so should you be and you should do
my method because since it so obviously worked/s for me it should work for
everyone. It's the same exact thing with those who preach ibogaine as the
end-all/be-all answer for drug addiction. For SOME, I'm sure it is. For
others, well, it ain't. And that's cool too.
    But just to reiterate, NOT ALL DRUG USE IS ABUSE, as you scribbled in
your very polite email in reply to my post on the topic.

Peace and love,
Preston

mistaken for madness"
Richard Davenport-Hines