[Ibogaine] Ibogiane related news in July MAPS newsletter

slowone at hush.ai slowone at hush.ai
Tue Aug 9 02:50:58 EDT 2005

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 15:30:35 -0700 Dana Beal <dana at phantom.com>
wrote:
>So--just say no to psychedelic tourists!
>
>We had some one from the conference at Alex Grey's would bugged
>Patrick
>to get her a dose of ibogaine to--get this!--treat her pot
>dependency.
>We told her it doesn't work for that; and that anyway, if we had
>any
>influence in the matter, all doses of ibogaine were going to wind
>up in
>bona fide hard drug addicts.

I had tapered down on food for a week, fasted a day, and took some
ibogaine. There was not much effect. I decided to get up and smoke
some marijuana to see if it would help me feel the ibogaine. Due to
low blood sugar I postponed the effort of getting up. Half an hour
of idle thought later, I remembered my plan to smoke, and suddenly
looking back I saw myself reaching the end of my umbilical cord up
to put it into a light socket to seek distraction. I didn't smoke
pot again for two years.