[Ibogaine] Re: rant against MAPS and burning man attendees

Ms Iboga ms_iboga at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 8 16:35:03 EDT 2005

Thank you, Preston, for putting that ridiculous email
into proper perspective.

The problem with viewing addiction as a 'disease', is
that you are disempowering an already marginalized
group of people("oh, you poor, little, helpless,
diseased fuck").

I used to have a 'disease'- the disease of using too
much heroin and subsequently developing a chemical
dependence on it.  I no longer use, and have not for
nearly a year.  Where did my disease go?  In
remission?  So, once 'diseased', always 'diseased'?
Wow- what an incredibly positive message to send to
struggling drug users:  "You're powerless, and you
always will be, you pathetic weak-willed fuckwit."

How Lame...

It's the same NA claptrap as 'putting your faith in a
higher power'.  One question:  where was this
so-called higher power when the user was first
introduced to addictive drugs, or when they were
having a shitty enough time in life to consider
escaping with drugs?  why would I- or anyone else- now
want to rely on someone/something that wasn't there
for me/us in the first place?  Bullocks...

Addiction is not a disease- it is a cyclical,
self-medicating pattern that people get themselves
into, usually to escape physical and/or psychological
pain.  The cycle CAN be broken- YOU( the drug user)
are a powerful force to be reckoned with, despite what
those NA wankers tell you.

Welcome to the cult of NA....

Bullocks, pure bullocks,

Julie (usually silent, but lurking)