[Ibogaine] oxycontin withdrawl to MS

Ron Davis rwd3 at cox.net
Mon Aug 8 12:31:18 EDT 2005

I think I'm in for it, rd
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Matthew Shriver
  To: ibogaine at mindvox.com
  Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 10:55 AM
  Subject: RE: [Ibogaine] oxycontin withdrawl

  Don't feel bad bro.  When they told me all about how methadone would make me not want to use heroin and how heroin wouldn't even work anymore so it wouldn't have any attraction, I was like, "sign me up doc!"  But those things weren't true.  They told me I could taper and be totally drug free in like 6 months.  I had a few friends (using buddies) that had gone down that road and they warned me not too, but $7 a day is easier to scrounge than $25 and I was thoroughly tired of being sick so I wanted to believe it and I signed up. Four and half years later I was still on 74mg and going down 1 mg a week was painful and I was still occasionally using heroin and crack and still getting high from the heroin I might add and it fucking sucked.  And I had occasion to experience 2 and 3 day methadone withdrawals from time to time (fail to get to the clinic on time and no take homes, you get the idea.) and well, I really, really, really, don't think well of methadone now.  So I realize that I certainly let that opinion influence my feelings about bup but the truth is I don't know much about it.

  Matt