[Ibogaine] oxycontin withdrawl

Matthew Shriver matt at itsupport.net
Mon Aug 8 11:55:12 EDT 2005

Don't feel bad bro.  When they told me all about how methadone would make me
not want to use heroin and how heroin wouldn't even work anymore so it
wouldn't have any attraction, I was like, "sign me up doc!"  But those
things weren't true.  They told me I could taper and be totally drug free in
like 6 months.  I had a few friends (using buddies) that had gone down that
road and they warned me not too, but $7 a day is easier to scrounge than $25
and I was thoroughly tired of being sick so I wanted to believe it and I
signed up. Four and half years later I was still on 74mg and going down 1 mg
a week was painful and I was still occasionally using heroin and crack and
still getting high from the heroin I might add and it fucking sucked.  And I
had occasion to experience 2 and 3 day methadone withdrawals from time to
time (fail to get to the clinic on time and no take homes, you get the
idea.) and well, I really, really, really, don't think well of methadone
now.  So I realize that I certainly let that opinion influence my feelings
about bup but the truth is I don't know much about it.

Matt

  _____