[Ibogaine] Ibogiane related news in July MAPS newsletter

Matthew Shriver matt at itsupport.net
Sat Aug 6 23:19:17 EDT 2005

  _____

From: Dana Beal [mailto:dana at phantom.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 06, 2005 4:31 PM
To: ibogaine at mindvox.com
Subject: Re: [Ibogaine] Ibogiane related news in July MAPS newsletter

We had some one from the conference at Alex Grey's would bugged Patrick to
get her a dose of ibogaine to--get this!--treat her pot dependency.

I just had to comment on this.  I gather from the tone that you consider
marijuana addiction to be a sort of non-existent ailment.  I know you didn't
actually say that so I may be misreading you.  But I know people who have
gone to great lengths to stop smoking pot, even to the extent of
substituting harder drugs like heroin.  And I would say that there is no
question that such a thing as marijuana addiction exists.  If addiction is
defined by an inability to control your actions by exercising your own will,
than anyone who smokes pot and wants to stop but cannot is addicted.