[Ibogaine] Ibogiane related news in July MAPS newsletter

HSLotsof at aol.com HSLotsof at aol.com
Sat Aug 6 15:30:27 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/6/05 12:48:03 PM, nick227 at tiscali.co.uk writes:

<< Is there an emerging pattern of heart-related fatalities around ibogaine
use? It seems to me this might be the case from what I hear. Anyone else any
thoughts? >>

Hi Nick,

1) You have at least two fatalities with prior cardiac disorders and that is
why cardiac disorders are red flagged.  2) Additionally, Jeffry Kamlet, MD ,
the attending physician from St. Kitts has presented on QT prolongation in a
minority of patients, possibly 1/2 of 1%.  None of these have been reported to
have resulted in fatalities but, Jeff is a cardiologist and they give him
concern.  My understanding, and possibly I may be corrected if wrong, is that the
rate of these irregularities is no different in the ibogaine treated population
than in the non-ibogaine treated population.

Howard