[Ibogaine] question for Howard Lotsof

HSLotsof at aol.com HSLotsof at aol.com
Fri Aug 5 12:45:02 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/5/05 11:19:25 AM, bart_de_bremme at hotmail.com writes:

<< I was wondering this: why is iboga therapy now still revolutionary;
despite

the long research tradition on this remedy and the positive research

outcomes for this remedy?  Why it's still "underground"? I'm now researching

the same revolutionary remedy as Howard Lotsof did long before my birth(I'm

23 now), how is this possible? In Canada thet are evolving the right way,

but in my country it's illegal! >>

Bart,

Ibogaine is not an approved medication and underground in some places because
the money to make it an approved medication is not available. That is the
short of it.  There is no general interest from the pharmaceutical industry to
develop novel drugs to treat chemical dependence and no interest from that
industry to develop molecules found in nature. I think ibogaine would always be
considered a revolutionary therapy as it is quite distinct in its mechanisms and
effects from other medications that are used to treat chemical dependence.  If
it were approved and a hundred years had passed, then it might be described
as having been revolutionary at the time of its introduction.

Best regards,

Howard