[Ibogaine] intro

Jeff Gallop jeffgallop at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 13:29:30 EDT 2005

Hello Scott
 I am 45 and like you had a long term situation tho my 20 or so years was
more evenly split vis a vis heroin and methadone....
I too felt that i was a functioning addict...only one arrest good job..blah
blah blah i even said that i thought i was the ideal ibo patient as i hadn't
copped on the street nor hung with anyone who did dope for many many years
so environment was healthy already.
 That's all well and good but assuming you are about my age 45 I would
HIGHLY recommend allowing at least the month you are talking about or more
and getting away to the beach... sitting home in nyc in freezing cold
weather was the absolute worst thing for my post ibo weeks ...You will be
RAW and tho you will be clean you wont be feeling well. This is of course
just my opinion from my experience but methadone is hard and it takes a long
time no month more like 6 to feel better....but DO IT The ibo will push you
3-4 months (again imo only) ahead of the curve compared to any other detox
and that along with the Nor Ibo gets you over the ruff spots...Boosters help
so plan on them...but two weeks forget it....a month or more yep...but time
is a healer your brain has been opiated for 20 years or so -a month is just
a drop in the bucket
 I only say all this because no one said it to me....Tho it is readable in
Patricks ibo writings which i am sure you have read .Read them over and over
he knows the deal.
I am now about 9 mos post and feel pretty good...But this new world is a
double edged sword
 When i got into opiates i was a guy doing all sorts of good drugs and
such...then slowly the variety of things narrowed and then as my addiction
got hold it was basically a one trick pony show. Now that the pony has grown
,lived, and died(?), I find myself almost the same (well the same kind of
person)- I enjoy altering my consciousness. I like beer now never did when i
was on the Methadone...love it actually. pothead oh yeah! i do an occasional
benzo...love psychedelics ( tho that has been a kind of constant as well but
well ya know thats different hehehe!!) but what i am trying to say is for me
Ibo didn't change me like i thought it would (hoped?) it just did exactly
what it is 'advertised' to....got the opiate receptors in my brain scrubbed
clean almost painlessly ( a fucking miracle ) and got me through the next
couple of months so i could get healing time in and start to live with the
new found freedom...
 speaking of freedom going out to Oregon this weekend for a big time fun
festival with my favorite music- String Cheese Incident...during the day
they have workshops and play shops to amuse the gathered freaks and one of
the workshops is "the politics of altering consciousness" and with out
saying names one of the women on that panel did IBO many many years ago..I
am curious and hoping to be inspired enough to bring up the subject of our
rooty friend to get the panels feedback..and oh yes besides that i will be
Freaking Freely again...wow I must marvel at the freedom i have to do the
traveling we have done this summer...Yosemite for the best hippie wedding
ever...Sf for a month with our guru Amma(amma.org <http://amma.org>) and
visiting friends and iboangels ....High Sierra music fest...home for more
Amma time (eric???) on the road for even more Amma time and now a long
weekend (or more??) out for my favorite fest of all...And this is just the
first summer since I am not handcuffed...Maybe I will actually do some of
the things in my life i have dreamed of while I was too handcuffed to even
realize i wasn't doing...wow Thank you Howard, Patrick and Ancient eboga man
spirit thing that visited me so gently.....So yes you will "experience some
of the life you remember" Scott maybe even more than you remember
 Safe travels
wishing all the peacfu...(only kidding Ron *s*)
 Freaking Free-ly
 Jeff