[Ibogaine] About the Iboga Therapy House project

Vector Vector vector620022002 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 2 19:31:24 EDT 2005

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/4471.html

5 things you can do to help Marc Emery
by Dana Larsen (02 Aug, 2005)
Please do your part to keep the US drug war out of Canada!

Marc during last summer`s legalization tour
I have received many emails and messages from people asking me what
they can do to help prevent Marc Emery from being extradited to the US
to face a lifetime in prison. Here are five simple, concrete things
that anyone can do to make a positive impact on this situation.

If you can donate even two hours of spare time each week to doing some
of these five things you will be making a real difference.

The first three things can and should be done by anyone in the world
who supports this effort. The last two are for Canadians only.

Please don't just read this list and then do nothing. This is a very
crucial battle and one we must win.

1) Call Irwin Cotler regularly.

Canada's Justice Minister is Irwin Cotler. It is largely his decision
whether Canada will extradite Marc Emery. Cotler's biography describes
him as a "peace activist" who has devoted his life to supporting
international human rights, free speech, freedom of religion, women's
rights, minority rights, war crimes justice and prisoners' rights, but
he has not proven himself to be a friend to the cannabis culture.

Please call each of these three phone numbers twice every week, and
politely repeat your message every time. The goal is to keep these
lines constantly tied up with calls and voice mails about Marc Emery,
so that the Justice Department phones are ringing steadily about the
Emery case every day for the next few months.

When you call, always be very polite. Your goal is not to get into a
debate with Cotler's secretary. Just say that you are calling because
it would "shock your conscience" for Marc Emery to be extradited to the
US for alleged marijuana seeds crimes committed on Canadian soil. Say
that you believe that if Marc has broken the law in Canada, he should
be tried in Canada, under Canadian laws.

If they say you are calling the wrong number ask what number you should
call. But still call them again the next week regardless.

No matter where you are in the world, please call all three of these
phone numbers every week. We definitely need active, vocal support from
Americans and also from the international community.

* Irwin Cotler's Constituency Office: 514-283-0171
* Irwin Cotler's Parliamentary Office: 613-995-0121
* Justice Department Office: 613-992-4621

If you have access to a fax machine then please also send a daily or
weekly fax supporting Marc Emery to each of these Justice Department
fax numbers:

Fax: 613-992-6762
Fax: 514-283-2407
Fax: 613-990-7255

Don't bother sending emails to Cotler. Emails are easily ignored,
deleted, or filtered out as spam. Weekly phone calls and faxes are much
more effective in creating awareness and political pressure.

2) Donate and buy

This raid means the end of Marc Emery Marijuana Seeds, which was the
pioneering business which Marc Emery used to fund activist efforts
around the world. Marc, Michelle and Greg will all have huge legal
bills, while at the same time losing their assets, income and
livelihood.

Money-losing projects like Pot-TV will need to be curtailed, political
activities will be shut down, Cannabis Culture Magazine will struggle
greatly, and all our staff will suffer layoffs and paycuts.

Please make a donation or purchase with the BC Marijuana Party, and buy
a subscription to Cannabis Culture magazine. Our store is still fully
stocked with books, pipes, bongs, clothes and other cannabis products.
The only thing we don't sell now is seeds! We need your business to
survive, so please come down and pick up some new paraphernalia.

3) Write to Canadian media

Please contact all of the following newspapers and magazines, with a
new letter every week.

Don't write a big long letter. Just write a short, snappy letter which
offers your opinion on American efforts to extradite Marc Emery.

Don't just send one mass email to all of these media at once. Instead
send them each individually the same emailed letter.

Write one letter every week, different letters but on the same topic,
and send them to every one of these media outlets every week.

A more complete list of Canadian media outlets can be found here:
http://mapinc.org/cmap/press.htm

NEWSPAPERS

National Post: letters at nationalpost.com
Globe & Mail: letters at globeandmail.ca
Vancouver Sun: sunletters at png.canwest.com
Vancouver Province: provletters at png.canwest.com
Victoria Times Colonist: letters at tc.canwest.com
Vancouver Courier: editor at vancourier.com
Burnaby Now: editorial at burnabynow.com
Calgary Herald: letters at theherald.canwest.com
Calgary Sun: callet at calgarysun.com
Edmonton Journal: letters at thejournal.canwest.com
Edmonton Sun: mailbag at edm.sunpub.com
Regina Leader-Post: letters at leaderpost.canwest.com
Guelph Mercury: editor at guelphmercury.com
Hamilton Spectator: letters at thespec.com
Kamloops this week: ktw at bcnewsgroup.com
Kamloops Daily News: kamloopsnews at telus.net
Kelowna Capital News: edit at kelownacapnews.com
Kitchener-Waterloo Record: letters at therecord.com
Kingston Whig-Standard: whiged at thewhig.com
Langley Advance: editorial at langleyadvance.com
Langley Times: newsroom at langleytimes.com
Lethbridge Herald: letters at ac403.com
London Free Press: letters at lfpress.com
Montreal Gazette: letters at thegazette.canwest.com
Nanaimo News Bulletin: edit at nanaimo.vinewsgroup.com
North Shore News: editor at nsnews.com
Ottawa Citizen: letters at thecitizen.canwest.com
Ottawa Sun: oped at ott.sunpub.com
The Saskatoon Star Phoenix: spnews at SP.canwest.com
Surrey Leader: newsroom at surreyleader.com
Surrey Now: canderson at thenownewspaper.com
Toronto Star: lettertoed at thestar.com
Toronto Sun: editor at tor.sunpub.com
Tri-city news: newsroom at tricitynews.com
Victoria News: vicnews at vinewsgroup.com
Whitehorse Star: letters at whitehorsestar.com
Winnipeg Free Press: letters at freepress.mb.ca
Winnipeg Sun: editor at wpgsun.com
Windsor Star: letters at thestar.canwest.com

MAGAZINES

Maclean's Magazine: letters at macleans.ca
Eye Magazine: eye at eye.net
NOW Magazine: letters at nowtoronto.com
Vancouver Magazine: mail at vancouvermagazine.com
The Walrus: letters at walrusmagazine.com

4) Contact your MP and MLA

If you are in Canada, then contact both your MP and your MLA. Don't
send them an email, make a phone call. Try to make an appointment for a
personal visit. Also have every one of your friends and family members
each make their own phone call as well. The more calls they receive the
better.

You are not seeking your MP and MLA to support the legalization of
marijuana. Just say that you are calling because you want your elected
representative to oppose the extradition of any Canadian to a foreign
country when their actions are not considered a serious crime in
Canada.

Remind them that Emery is the leader of a legitimate political party,
that the Canadian government has knowingly collected taxes from his US
seed sales for a decade, and that Emery has operated openly without
interference from Canadian police since 1998.

Tell your MP and MLA that Canada should not be sending political
activists to jail in foreign countries, especially when their actions
are not even considered to be an "arrestable offence" in Canada.

Your MP is your federal Member of Parliament. You can find your MP
here:
http://www.parl.gc.ca/information/about/people/house/PostalCode.asp?Source=SM

Your MLA is your Provincial Member of the Legislature. You can find
your MLA online here:

BC: www.legis.gov.bc.ca/mla/3-1-1.htm
Alberta: www.assembly.ab.ca/adr/adr_template.aspx?type=mla
Saskatchewan: www.legassembly.sk.ca/members
Manitoba: www.gov.mb.ca/legislature/members/alphabetical.html
Ontario: www.electionsontario.on.ca/fyed/en/form_page_en.jsp
Quebec: www.assnat.qc.ca/fra/Membres/deputes.shtml
Newsfoundland: www.hoa.gov.nl.ca/hoa/members
Nova Scotia: www.gov.ns.ca/legislature/MEMBERS/index.html
New Brunswick: app.infoaa.7700.gnb.ca/gnb/pub/ListMLA1.asp
PEI: www.assembly.pe.ca/members/index.php

5) Rally in your community

If you are in Canada, then try to put on a rally in your community to
protest this incursion of the US Drug War into Canada.

The focus of your rally should not be on the marijuana laws, but rather
that Canadians within Canada are not subject to US law. The Canadian
courts and people have decided that selling marijuana seeds is a
trivial, non-arrestable offence.

The Canadian government has steadily collected sizable taxes from Marc
Emery's US seed sales for 10 years. If Emery has broken the law in
Canada then he should be charged and tried here. If he has broken no
laws in Canada then he should not be extradited to the US for a life
sentence. Who will be next? Will US police start extraditing Canadians
who perform gay marriages for visiting Americans?

Try to put together a rally for Saturday, September 10, to coincide
with the rally planned for Vancouver. If there is a US consulate office
in your city then that is a good place to rally at. Otherwise find a
park or other government building.

Please contact us at the BC Marijuana Party to let us know what you are
up to. Tell us if you have contacted your elected representatives, if
are planning a rally, and what else you are doing to help preserve
Canadian sovereignty and keep the US drug war out of Canada.

Thank you for your help. Marc Emery has devoted his life to ending the
drug war and ensuring that marijuana seeds are available to anyone who
wants to grow this wondrous herb. Please follow his lead, become
active, and help to end this vicious war.

* BC Marijuana Party: bcmp2005 at yahoo.ca, 604-684-2803