new UTI review I found

Preston Peet ptpeet at nyc.rr.com
Tue Aug 2 12:17:48 EDT 2005

http://www.loudwire.net/users/kawphy/

Under The Influence - The Disinformation Guide To Drugs
Edited by Preston Peet
The Disinformation Company Ltd., 2004

Everything you ever wanted to know about US Drug policy, but were afraid to
ask. From the mandatory sentences for even the smallest of drug possession
to Air America and back again to decriminalization of currently illicit
drugs, Under The Influence makes certain to at least give us another point
of view on the topic. The editor, Preston Peet, has done a wonderful job of
pulling together informed individuals to help educate the rest of us on what
has become a War on Some Drugs (remember, codeine is good but opium is bad).
The book is very US centric, but in this case I'll forgive it. Pretty much
all of the recent (the last 70 years) anti-drug propaganda has been spawned
by the US so the information available pretty much comes from the US. We
know that war south of the border isn't being won in any real sense, but we
do know that locking up a couple hundred thousand people a year (for
non-violent drug related crimes) has an adverse affect on a societies
morale. Treatment, if needed, is a better answer. Decriminalization (taking
the black market away, basically) and regulation (like with alcohol) might
be an even better answer still. (3.5/5)

Peace and love,
Preston Peet

mistaken for madness"