Fw: [Ibogaine] (OT) Re: [Ibogaine] sleeeeep.hey marc

m.finman mafinman at optonline.net
Sat Apr 30 20:50:09 EDT 2005

Preston,
     Have not yet seen this film but thanks for the recommendation.  Movies and film are on of my all time favorite pastimes.  Sheer fun sounds good.
     Re: going to a dojo being far off topic, well I believe it could be as on topic as one can possible get.  All the talk about aftercare, and I read one query re: what do you need to do after to insure success.  The responses mostly had to do with being properly hydrated and diet which any who knows me I can't stress enough.
 There's a saying that goes, "When you do what you did, you get what you got." This falls under the Ibogaine not being the magic bullet and there is for most other avenues that need to be explored, issues realized and confronted and redirection of certain behaviors, energies which could include reactions, thought patterns, and how one processes the ongoing  absurdities and rituals we call daily life.
     There can be many ways to approach all this and the lucky few will figure out the ones that can work for them.  For that fact I have, in all my years in nyc, witnessed people who successfully stopped drugs and changed little else in their life and were able to stay clean.   I am not one of those.  I sense neither are many others.  Otherwise why would so many require multiple attempts at detox and  Ibogaine.  Preston I am not  referring to your situation as it is pretty unique. I work hard at my sobriety but I will say it is a JOY.
      What I said to Marc in my previous post was not from a place of knowing anything or being critical.  It was from my heart because this is what I "sense" might be useful to him in particular and above all I pray for him to have what I have.
Peace of mind,contentment,  love of self,  and a feeling of being grounded  that I have never experienced before.   What I have been doing could mean little to nothing for his or anyone elses sobriety.  It was just a suggestion to someone I wish well.
     Glad to see you are up and about and in your usual good spirits,
                                                                                    Martee