[Ibogaine] (ibo report) Taking the Left Hand Path.Again

mcorcoran mcorcoran27 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 20 09:09:27 EDT 2005

Hey Preston lookin forward to hearing all the nitty gritty when we get a chance to speak. As you know I went to the depths this last time myself and for a while there it was hell on earth but just the kinda hell I needed in retrospect. What a different perception I have now on everything but I'll go into all of that later. As I think back on my 3 sessions this year I am becoming more and more sure that I never got that "reset" people speak of until this time around. A lot more ibogaine and strangely enough a lot more resolve and understanding. I think I'm 12 days out and still not sleepin like I would like but everything is great all in all.
You and I are part of a very lucky few. Do you know anyone else in this city who;ve had the opportunity to try and get this right three times in one year? I certainly don't. Well anyway my friend, take good care of yourself. More fruit and baths and less shit. We are more than just our bodies. Feel what your supposed to feel and just.... FEEL IT and I'll do the same.
Glad to hear all is well. -m.

Preston Peet <ptpeet at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
http://www.drugwar.com/lefthandpath2.shtm

Taking the Left Hand Path.
Again

By
Preston Peet

posted at DrugWar.com
April 19, 2005
(Remember Waco!)

mistaken for madness"- Richard Davenport-Hines, The Pursuit of Oblivion: A
Global History of Narcotics

"Ugh, hey man," I gasp into the cell phone between the pounding throbbing of
my head and the retching of my guts, "you have to come over right now, right
away. I am so sick right now, we cannot wait any longer. Come right now." I
hang up the cell phone and lean back over the side of the bed, throwing up
yet more dinner from the night before into the small green bucket V has put
next to the bed. She's not doing a good job at even pretending to be very
sympathetic either. "I told you you shouldn't have done that last one," she
points out as I heave miserably into the bucket, my long hair dragging
through the sick.

The Reason and Rhyme This Time

The night before was Wednesday, April 13, 2005. V and I had gone out with
her mom to eat at Red Bamboo, my favorite restaurant in NYC, a vegan place
that makes the best food ever. Afterwards, we'd gone to Madison Square
Garden to see Duran Duran play an excellent show, taking all three of us
right back to 1982, where I for one hoped to be leaving a lot of very heavy
luggage behind.

Having taken ibogaine, a very strange, amazingly beautiful and awesomely
hallucinogenic African root with extremely beneficial anti-addictive
qualities twice in two weeks back in August of 2004, the use of my pain
killers had gotten out of control yet again within scant months, with me
going back to dissolving and banging much of my meds, once more-and very
quickly this time too I noticed right away-running out of cooperative veins
into which to fix, losing any sense of pain relief from the use of the
opiates, shooting right past pain relief into nodded out dolphin headedness,
to the point where I often find myself waking up with my forehead lying on
the beeping keyboard of my computer and my back and leg still killing me
even at that overloaded level. I was trying to edit my current book project
each day, all day, with just one eye open because I was having trouble
keeping both my eyes open simultaneously, much less focused. I take the pain
meds so I can sit and work at my desk without wanting to leap out the window
in pain, but it's no good if I can't stay awake to work because I'm doing
too many meds at a time. So I've decided to do another ibogaine session, to
do a re-set basically, to start my body and mind over at square one again,
cutting my tolerance and giving myself a clean slate upon which to again try
to maintain a semblance of normalcy and control.

The Terror!

But even though I've made the plans, set everything up perfectly timing it
out so that when I get the sufficient and surprisingly hefty amount of money
needed to obtain the ibogaine in hand, the ibogaine is weighed, ready and
waiting, and although I have already taken ibogaine twice before already,
I'm terrified, both of the actual ibogaine session itself, and of the
thought of giving up the needles again.

snip-

More at this URL: http://www.drugwar.com/lefthandpath2.shtm

Peace and love,