[Ibogaine] I need help on how to feel better -- anything at all, aside from a 45

Brett Calabrese bcalabrese at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 5 13:11:56 EDT 2005

Ditto on the congradulations and other suggestions. I know, YUCK! Give it a few days and you will snap out of (most of) it.  Drink fluids, eat HEALTHY food (no junk, soda, cand, cold-cuts...) fruits, veggies, any generic "detox tea" findable at a health food store, Vitamins help, B-Complex, phenylalanine shorten the recovery.. Part of it is how "toxic" you are/were, if I took ibo now my recovery would be much shorter. If you get cravings you msy want to try "Rescue Remedy" (Bache flower remedies.available at any health-food store, great for kids and cats too..), and um (and this sounds silly) but think about/do something else - really if you can master that 1 thing, you got it.. Indra/extracts tend to take a bit longer to recover from. And move a bit, but then not too fast or too muc, staying still is often more comfortable for several days, oozyness is most often early in the AM and at dusk, trails at night can last days, weeks even months (though an artifact by then), it can take
 several weeks to sleep normally - for myself I don't care for "meds" post session, but some people/sometimes a little benzo helps (ie valium) - you may consider that better than something else... just easy with the meds. Do what you can safely do/need  and don't do what you can't, smoking "somethng" is an option for some people, other people can't (and think you shouldn't also...).

Be well,
Brett

jon <jfreed1 at umbc.edu> wrote:

> Now to the point of this meaningless babbling (finally!). Am I supposed
> feel this bad? I feel like I was shot at and missed, shit at and hit. It
> is a little better today but I am REALLY REALLY drug out. What does
> anyone
> suggest? Vitamin B 12, herbs, or what? I know that with one narcotic I
> would be back to my normal self withing 3 minutes. I am not going to do
> it
> but I know it would work the miracle. Any advice anyone has concerning
> how
> to get thought the next few weeks -- would be appreciated. I have an
> extremely busy business and I don't know if I can do it feeling like this.
> Thanks.

ello,

congrats on being craving free =)

some herbs you might want to try to make yourself more comfortable:

kava - used to treat anxiety and stres... i highly recommend it, i think
in you situation it could help you feel a good deal better. you can take
it in pills, if you do, get an standardised extract rather than the whole
root, and make sure it has a high kavalactone content (%70 is the best out
there, i think). if you're feeling adventurous, you can also make the
tradition kava drink. if you're interested in try that, you can get a
bunch of recipes off the web... one site i found is
http://www.kickbackwithkava.com/Kava_Recipies.htm

valerian root - used to treat insomnia and anxiety. this might be a
particularly good thing to get too. like kava, make sure it's a
standardised preparation. while valerian is most often used to help people
get to sleep, i've found it's also pretty effective for anxiety and body
aches.

amino acids - these are the building blocks for neurotransmitters, so
making sure you're getting enough is very important for your mood and
cognitive abilities. you can eat foods with good amino acid profiles, like
hemp and flax and such, or get multi amino acid pills. or both.

st john's wort - an herb that acts as a mild serotonin reuptake inhibitor
(don't take if you're on an antidepresant though)

tryptophan or 5-htp - tryptophan is the amino acid that serotonin is made
out of. 5-htp is an intermediate chemical that's made in the process of
turning tryptophan into serotonin. it's easier to get ahold of in the US
than tryptophan, but it isn't as effective because it doesn't cross the
blood-brain barrier very well. (also don't take if you're on an
antidepressant)

L-phenylalanine - an amino acid used by the body to make dopamine,
norepinepherine, and epinepherine (adrenalin). can be very useful, but
don't take if you're on an antidepressant, or have any other condition in
which phenylalanine or tyrosine is contraindicated (eg PKU)

california poppy - an herb used as a pain reliever and mild sedative.
usually taken as a tea.