[Ibogaine] Residual withdrawl- to Otter

Ms Iboga ms_iboga at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 10:14:39 EDT 2004

Dear Otter,

If methadone is the key for her health and happiness,
then she should be allowed to stabilize on it for as
long as she wants/needs.  Opiates are very old,
time-tested anti-depressants, and anti-anxiety agents.

I agree with you, Otter...Physical withdrawal is only
the tip of the iceberg.  As I'm on meth right now, I'm
not sure I'm qualified to talk about detox
success...BUT, keeping busy, exercising, sexual
release and seeing friends all factor largely into the
post-acute depression equation, and have been crucial
to my success in the past.

However, IMHO, wanting to change your life is the most
important factor of all, cuz without the desire, the
rest of the infrastructure can crumble altogether too
soon.

I wish you and your daughter the best of success with
your adversities...take care!

love Julie