[ibogaine] Copyright and privacy

Bill Ross ross at cgl.ucsf.edu
Wed May 5 13:46:17 EDT 2004

> I would just feel easier posting (and infinitely more funny) if I knew my
> shit would not go on national sites, I understand what you are saying, but
> what is wrong with some sort of statement that what is written for the list
> stays on the list? We are also talking about very sensitive and personal
> topics and I feel that not just me, but others would be more open about
> their addictions and their hopes for staying clean without the threat of
> personal information being plastered everywhere.

I think that a toothless order not to propagate postings would
lead to a false sense of security.

> I refuse to be anonymous,
> yet I do feel the list should be somewhat confidential.

This could happen on a list where the membership was closed to
just anyone joining, but even then it would not be 100% 'safe'.

> It's simple - I ain't posting anything else until I feel a little more
> comfortable and I will never use some cute name to hide who I am. I think
> the list would be better if people would be open as to who they are and did
> not feel the threat of exposure. What's wrong with simple rules?

They do not solve the basic problem. People who think they
are above rules (believe me, there are a few on the net :-)
will do what they want.

Bill