[ibogaine] Kerry Drug War Thread, III

Brett Calabrese bcalabrese at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 5 18:27:12 EST 2004

Preston,

The oxycontin is time release, I could be on Avinza (sp?) which is 24 hour morphine, one a day, or the patch, one every 3 days. It isn't the number if pills these days as much as it is the amount of medication in what you are taking. That is why people are killing themselves with 1 little oxycontin, when they chew/crush/snort/inject. A single 80mg crushed oxy is like taking 16 perc's at once, without any tylenol so your liver is ok (lol).. I take the smallest oxycontin they make is 10mg but take them twice as often or every 6 hours, usually they are prescribe every 12 hours or 8 at most, that is why I get so many oxycontin a month, not because I am taking a lot of it - that honor cost me $40 a month just to go from 1 pink pill to 2 white pills with the same amount of oxycodone in them. Half as much but more often if necessary generally gives better pain relief and lower peek blood levels are better for the addict brain... and tolerence. What I was originally trying to point out that
 yes, there is life after opiates/drugs, for me they are right there I have no interest in them as far as abusing is concerned (gone, poof). That decision just cost me 1 or 2 office visits when I will need a script for oxycontin, but that is how I do it - take  the high road and all. I use the reverse-polish-addict-notation to come up with the inverse of the decision I would have made if I were still using, like reversing a negative number. Whatever the "addict" in me would scream bloody murder at, that is the decision I take by default. So like I don't really need a couple hundred more oxy's at the moment, so I don't. Ibogaine makes just saying "no" easy - Hey, Dana, how about a bumper sticker?

Brett

reston Peet <ptpeet at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>This use is very, very different from abusing pain meds. If 120 pills per
month is what it takes to bring relief then so be it. If you do the math 120
pills is only 4 per day. I can't speak for anyone else but I have NEVER
taken 4 pills a day. When I have abused pain meds it was more like 40 pills
a day!!<

LOL, 120 pills a month? Gosh, that's like, let's see, quick bit of math- 10
days supply for me.
And if I could afford to do more I would, as this still doesn't completely
eradicate or make bearable the pain I deal with all day every day.
I missed Vector's note so I may be responding out of context, but it's
silly to think that someone must only take one amount of meds as everyone
reacts differently to different drugs and different pain.
Peace all,
Preston

Vector, I think what you said was very inappropriate.
Sometimes pain meds are needed and used for pain whether chronic pain or
acute pain.
This use is very, very different from abusing pain meds. If 120 pills per
month is what it takes to bring relief then so be it. If you do the math 120
pills is only 4 per day. I can't speak for anyone else but I have NEVER
taken 4 pills a day. When I have abused pain meds it was more like 40 pills
a day!!
This next statement is very 12 step oriented but it is a very good way to
be.....take your own inventory before you take someone elses.
Callie

[%](> Further Information & List Commands: http://ibogaine.mindvox.com <)[%]