[ibogaine] Buprenorphine questions also anyone in MI.

HSLotsof at aol.com HSLotsof at aol.com
Fri Jan 30 14:29:29 EST 2004

There are a lot of good sources for buprenorphine information.

http://buprenorphine.samhsa.gov/bwns/about.html

As to the questions, I can only respond to one.  Generally the transfer dose
from methadone to buprenorphine is considered to be 30mg/day or less.

You can also make inquires on two bulletin boards directed towards opioid
agonist treatment.

http://members.boardhost.com/SPEAKMETHADONE/

http://atwatchdog.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=1

Howard S. Lotsof
President
Dora Weiner Foundation
46 Oxford Place
Staten Island, NY 10301
USA
dir tel, 1 718 442-2754
dir fax, 1 718 442-1957
email, dwf123 at earthlink.net
http://www.doraweiner.org

In a message dated 1/30/04 4:34:06 PM, goosebumpz2002 at yahoo.com writes:

> [...]
Buprenorphine?
>i want to know whats the correct dose if your at 55 mgs of methadone?
>i have lots of questions and i would also like to here from some real people
>that have used it. I know one guy that swears by it he used it as a
detoxification
>method from methadone in like a week the slowly detox you and the half
>life m guessing is real short!  Do you feel a high from it? does it lower
>your blood pressure? these are all things im considering i have heard lots
>of good  things about it the only bad one was this one person that was
>an alcoholic then got hooked on Vicodin e.s.7.5mgs and she sadi she was
>takin 12 a day on average then she went to in patient then they but her
>on the buprenorphine and i think that it was alot stronger than what shew
> neede then they
> released her probably on her own will cuz i dont think at the time she
>knew what she was getting into. and they released her with a buprenorphine
>habit cold turkey and she said she was sick for 10 days but then againk
>i would be so greatful from were i sit now looking at a vicodin habit as
> a very light opiote! to mee. But i believe that if she hadnt had so much
>false hope or uninformed thoughts she would have stayed longer in treatment
>and detoxed slower to were From what i hear the detox is not nearly as
>bad  as methadone! but thats all rumors and heresay! i think that i can
>beat my metnhadone/opiate addictyion I have to io am noow 25 and have had
>a hard opiate addiction for 7 yearsa doesnt sound like much but alot of
>those yeasr were spent with a cancer patient sucking down700mgs of morphine
>plus a whole lota other shit peace man thats my take and i hope someonwe
>can help me witrh my questions!

Howard S. Lotsof
President
Dora Weiner Foundation