[ibogaine] Buprenorphine

HSLotsof at aol.com HSLotsof at aol.com
Thu Jan 29 20:04:15 EST 2004

In a message dated 1/30/04 12:53:44 AM, think at francomm.com writes:

>I hope I spelled it right?  I would appreciate any comments
>about this drug.  Is it useful?  There is a doc nearby who
>prescribes it but found out today that he wants $255.00 "up
>front".  I would appreciate any feedback at all

Buprenorphine was approved by the FDA for the treatment of opioid addiction
last year.  It is the only opioid that is allowed to be dispensed from a
doctors office for the treatment of opioid (heroin/oxycotontin, etc.) dependence.
$255.00 is on the cheap end to my understanding.  Burprenophine will cause
dependence.  In other words if you stop it you will go into withdrawal.  It is
like every other pharmaceutical product.  Some people do very well with it and
others do not.  Same for ibogaine.  You will become dependent on buprenorphine.
 It is a maintenance drug.  There is a lot of information on the internet.
Do a google.com search for buprenorphine.  The US government cut a deal with
the manufacturer and is promoting it (collaborative research and development
agreement).  Every drug that helps people is a good drug.  Your call.  If you
have a specific question I will try to answer it.

Howard S. Lotsof
President
Dora Weiner Foundation
46 Oxford Place