Nick in D

deartheo at ziplip.com deartheo at ziplip.com
Sat Jan 24 13:47:04 EST 2004

Hi Nick,

   I would agree that if you don't have to go down so quickly that I would slow it down a bit if you can.  Is their a certain amount of time you need to kick by?  I'm sure you have already tasted a bit of the sickness, but in my experience, if I continued to go down consistently on my dose, like 5 ml/day for example, eventually making the sickness feedback in circles because not enough time to 'stabalize' or whatever.  It seems to take at least 3 to 4 weeks to get the main sick out of the systM from going down.

   I think I had a hard time going down at the 'for profit' clinics then the free/sliding scale clinics.  This was justified by saying why should I not get as much product (methadone/orlaam) for my money.  Sure, $250 per month is nothing compaired to what I was spending on the street version of the sickness, but that is still a car payment.

   One of the last things my 'methadone couns. told me before I kicked and told him 'I'm a bit nervious about kicking',  'You should be." He said.  The other thing to consider, of course, is how stable of environment will you be awaking to?

   Nick, I wish you all the best.  Just give the sickness the respect it deserves and I think you will be fine.  I do think that dosing with iboga even a year or two after you kick would help so much.  Have you considered going down on your dose like (I'm conservative regarding this) 1 ml per 3 or 4 weeks.  Buy some time, get dose level down, while saving for iboga treatment during physical kick?  I think that would be preferred but I'm not sure if it's possible.

   Let me know if I can help in any way.

-J