-Laurent- Re: [ibogaine] rootbark & homemade extract

adam gur adamg at 013.net.il
Mon Jan 5 08:33:09 EST 2004

Salut Laurent,

First of all, I love your photos man...

I guess you didn't understand the part where I've already
been initiated by the Bwiti- in Cameroun alas, not Gabon.

And yes I am a shaman, I live in Israel, if I throw a stone
from my balcony, I hit at least two shamans and one meshuganah.

We're all in this together, Laurent, we're all shamans, we're all bullshit
artists, we're all spirit... same difference..

And fresh iboga does taste like montezuma's revenge served cold.

It's the world's greatest tough-love remedy; one taste and you know,
this is fuckin' personal. And as  I was saying, I think fresh root is best,
better than HCl or any extract, I just really wish I could stomach it.
But if I can't, I'm supposed to just walk away?

>From your email I realize you are a decent person, one with dignity.
But I don't like the part where you say, 'they've been doing this for
centuries
and they have the knowledge'. They have customs and beliefs and purposes
that I do not require. The music was amazing though.

Knowledge is one hot potato - catch it, toss it, there's more coming at you.
Try and pocket it and you're going to do some funky dancing for us... that's
where's 'pants on fire' comes from. I'm not saying they are trying to pocket
the
knowledge but come on, this gift is for all of humanity and I'm sorry but
I'll be glad to hear whatever anyone wishes to impart but I'm not following
anyone anywhere... I'm not asking for permission, supplication or
directions; I
don't want to go see the ancestors, I'm my own ancestor. You can take iboga
with
all the trepidation in the world, or you can hop on your cosmic harley and
rip a tear
thru a couple of dimensions. Ruffle a few angel feathers while you're at it.

That's all just my way of saying, iboga is 'self-actualization' and you
can't accomplish
that by prostrating yourself and requesting this liberation from, or thru,
others.

Btw, Iboga the teacher-spirit has a great sense of humor too. You just got
to have
your wits about you.

peace,
Adam