rootbark & homemade extract

adam gur adamg at 013.net.il
Sat Jan 3 21:30:45 EST 2004

....hey,

I just got a really good batch of rootbark, some 400gms or so, from Jean
Claude (Cameroon)
and a few seeds as well... at 700euros/kilo it is by far the best pricing
for rootbark out there...

Problem is, there's no way I can eat this stuff... I've had the real-real
stuff in Cameroon, the kind
that goes active in your mouth, releasing fumes and the four horses of the
Apocalypse... and I'm
extremely grateful for that experience, as I'm dead-sure I could not have
pulled it off had I had
previous ibo experiences... And since then, I've had HCl and Indra on a
number of occasions,
and that requires a few self-inflicted face slaps to step up to the plate...
unless it's your maiden
voyage, in which case, bon fuckin' voyage, ya lucky tourist
bastard....(don't waste your 1 free-pass)

It's been my contention however that HCl and Indra, by lacking the
bulk/fiber, don't match up to the
raw stuff...  while I don't doubt the efficacy of HCl, it doesn't heat up
your stomach like you swallowed
a steam-engine or something... and I miss that... call me a romantic
fool....

So rootbark, I thought, hey, 20 gms- maybe 40 tops, no big deal, last but
not least on my wishlist...
So some 3 months ago, I got my first batch and I was real happy about the
taste not being anywhere
near as foul, in fact, I was ecstatic about it... But that was extremely
deceptive, as every spoonful just
got exponentially nastier... and wouldn't you know it, that batch was
alkaloid-free, so no take-off, not
even trailers....

Now this batch is much better... how do I know..? Well, it's *#@! times
nastier than the first one...
How nasty? After chewing on a small piece (that I let soak in water) for
like 3 secs , I had to brush
my tongue twice, especially the sides... it just permeated my head...

So I'm hoping to do some home-made extract with vinegar/alcohol or whatever,
because otherwise it's
going to just sit there and mock me... Ideally, I would like to just reduce
it by half or so, take the stinger
out of it,. and still be left with some bulk if possible...

Jenks, if you're reading this, a multitude of thanks for that link and the
body of work that you've
put into puzzlepiece.org.... I'm probably going to have a few questions as
I've never been even
remotely interested in 'extraction' or chemistry for that matter, but first
I'll cover the various other
articles on the site...

I hope 400 gms of good rootbark can produce enough base-extract, or whatever
I'm supposed to call it..

all the best,
Adam Gur

P.S. Can anyone name the poem from the following- been hunting this for
years;
"...I've been a beast, at the feast, before I became a man..."  ...tia....