[ibogaine] New Iboga source

Paul MacLennan leisure1 at xtra.co.nz
Sat Feb 28 02:44:54 EST 2004

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Brett Calabrese
  To: ibogaine at mindvox.com
  Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2004 4:03 AM
  Subject: Re: [ibogaine] New Iboga source

  Paul,

  "Is the root bark the best form to get it in?"

  It depends. For someone trying to self-treat an addiction or a first (self) experience, not the best IMO. It is too variable in strength, from worthless to quality material, so make sure you are getting quality root bark not an iboga bush tossed in a chipper. Root bark would be more difficult for someone inexperienced to use, it is bulkier (try an oz of bark). A standardized extract of a known potency (which is all over the place, but seems to work) is Indra, you can also get HCL.  Extracts, bark vs Ibogaine HCL is a somewhat different experience. Indra (which should be similar to root bark) is a softer trip - at least in a given anti-addictive amount, somewhat more sickening - that is what I hear about bark, but worse. You could make an extract, it is really horrid stuff to try to consume, especially once the effects start setting in (think drinking a bucket of bitter vomit on a tossing ship in the worst storm imaginable, now multiply) HCL is a rougher trip (strapped to a rocket going inward), more "scary" (on the way up), breaks through better, Indra and I assume root bark (never did any) is more "real", richer, fuller where HCL is a bit more cartoon-like in some visions (for lack of a better description). Any ibogaine used properly will work for visions, are VERY long, are VERY sickening, has an immense body load, takes a long time to recover (ah, and then... the glow begins) and is likely to be the most amazing and lucid experience of your life (done properly), do it wrong and you will scare the shit out of yourself, or worse. The after effects are better with HCL than Indra, more of a "glow", better mood, recouperation is quicker,. HCL is better for small, quick doses (ie 2mg/kg), that are basically over in several hours, no "trip" but lots of nice effects that last for days - not as good with Indra -and I assume other full spectrum iboga products. Given the choice between the two verions (one being too soft, the other too hard) I would mix the 2, given the choice if I could only get one kind it would be ibogaine HCL. I personally had a harder time trying to use Indra to fight addiction unless I used a very high dose.. I hear of people that love good quality root bark, that the experience is richer, perhaps more than Indra which is 18 years old.

  Get other opinions, the experience on ibogaine depends a lot on who you are and where you are at, the reasons you are taking it, set, setting etc and what you do after is more important than the type of ibogaine you use.  Once you are tripping on ibogaine (at altitude), you are pretty much tripping on ibogaine/iboga, there isn't a lot of difference in the basic trip and side effects, one is bit better at this or that than the other.

  Be careful read http://www.ibogaine.manual.html, follow protocol and read everything else you can get your hands on. DO NOT TAKE precautions lightly.

  Brett