UUSean, belief, ...

mark connors darkmattersfo at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 31 12:03:44 EDT 2004

Hey Sean, yea we do have some things in common. In another post you mention
your self as a sceptical mystic (or similar). I refer to myself as a athiest
mystic. hmmm.

An interesting parallel between Ibogaine and 12 step (though a weak
parallel) is that when Bill W. had his mystical experience where he saw the
"light" in the hospital it was after doing a hallucingen in the hospital. In
my harm reduction program it is emphasized that many of us don't try to get
clean because we don't beleive we can. I think there is an element of truth
in it.

I did LifeRing for several years. I got alot out of it which is one of the
reasons this round of meth addiction is not a heavy as it got before. I feel
a paradigm shift coming (and needed), one that I hope is facilitated by Ibo.