[ibogaine]the idea of tripping.

Germán DC gcaldelas at fibertel.com.ar
Tue Aug 31 10:25:22 EDT 2004

my background:
 I went to the jungle Amazonas to meet the Ayahuasca in 1994.
Later in 1996 i met S. Daime´s group.
I guess Daniel is a "fardado" or at least he´s close to Santo Daime´s group.
(Santo Daime means literally "Saint Give Me" :-))
www.santodaime.org
Don´t you have Chacruna, Rainha, Psycotria Viridis, available there?
There´s a reason to call it Rainha (Queen), and the fields where it grows
are called Reinados (kingdoms or should I say: queendoms).
Jurema, does not participate in Santo Daime´s brew. But you can make another
brew.
They (SD) use just Jagube (ayahuasca) and Rainha, to make all the Degraus,
Dobraus and Mel (mmmh!). Changing just, proportions and concentrations.
I understand that in Netherlands there are official Church Chapters of Santo
Daime.
The amount of Daime you take in a "trabajo", depends of what kind of trabajo
is, and who is on command. You could be given even more that you can easily
"handle", in a "trabalho de estrela" (star work) you´ll be given one (or
more) big copo (glass), of the brew, (i mean a BIG). But it is not (IT IS
NOT) a shamanic type of thing, it is a "trabajo de corriente", closer than a
Kardecist kind of thing, so you don´t "react alone", the brew will open
energetically you and your fellows and "something" like a circuit, an
egregor, is created, they´ll keep on singing/dancing (in an extremely neat &
ordered way).
So there´s no place to the "shamanic individual trip" (for the moment).
You ought to keep the "form" but if you deserve it, you´ll be grasp by "the
Force" and you´ll do your trip (your shamanic individual trip), and then
it´s OK, they enjoy and support you.
If your subttles body are mature you´ll go without faint, you´ll keep on
dancing and/or singing while you´re tripping, if not enough practised you´ll
just faint or fall to the floor, and you´ll do it from there.
You could make the brew a lot more visual or psychedellic adding Toé
(brugmansia or datura), but you´ll have something of your own creation, with
a different "toxycology" than Daime. You have to know in the community some
pregnant women may drink Daime (before, during and after
pregnancy/chilbirth), so close attention to toxicity.
Harmala may give a more "earthbound" sensation, but again you MUST diet a
few days, before and after, your body chemistry would be VERY altered
The firsts contacts with this force is difficult, hard to understand, you
have to overcome a lot of personal resistance. We are born in the
Instant-Quick society, and this is a process
¿why this people tell me what to do, and what not to do? In some moments, is
not the people is GAIA.
When you are "pegado" (= glued?), (being under the effects) you start to
"aparelhar" (i wont translate that), something like you "start to develope"
another "organs", contact other dimensions, or something that is needed for
spiritual life, 6º sense, or... well, misteries of the Mestre (master).
>Like in a physical trainning, you improve day after day, thru your
practise.<

I just want to point that a recreational trip, even with a IMAO mix,
is different than tripping with Daime, (not better not worse, just
different)

if you trip with Daime is not only because the"right dose", is a sum of
things, and the result is always: if you tripped, you are "merecedor". (you
are worth it) It´s Grace, a Blessing.
SD make the brew in an old fashion way, no machines involved, with constant
singing, males working with jagube, and women with rainha, they mix in the
end.
So when you drink it, you are drinking a sacrament wich has been made as a
sacrament, and I dare to guess that it would be brought by some fardado, "in
Hand" till the church.
I hope you don´t mind the mix between spanish & portugues.

Out of topic but interesting.
I love this list

germándc