what does ibogaine give us?

Preston Peet ptpeet at nyc.rr.com
Mon Aug 30 12:52:06 EDT 2004

Hi all,
    I'm forwarding this little note here to you all, as I'd again love
feedback- any thoughts in reply to the below messages? (The entire original
message is pasted below.)
Peace and love to all,
Preston
-----

Anne wrote >And after two and a half years - I wasn't cured but I was more
articulate.
Then I took Ibogaine - which helped me to understand that I am indeed an
addict and always have been and might even stay one too.<

I think that's entirely possible Anne.
    As someone else told me recently, ibogaine does not give us what we
want, but rather, it gives us what we need. Perhaps, and I am a little loath
to write it, that is what you needed- to be at peace with the idea that you
are an addict and are supposed to using something or other that the The Man
has decreed illegal.
    The whole, "this drug good, this drug bad" irks me to no end (btw,
thanks for the kind word the other Rickard L). Some of us were designed by
either nature or god (not sure really in my own mind which to be honest) to
be using some drug(s) and it is more of a sin to tell us we must stop using
or we're going to really be screwed royally by The Man and his lackies for
our own good.
    Perhaps ibogaine allowed you to rest easy with the idea that you are an
addict, and you are the only one who can really know this Anne.
Peace and love,
Preston
-----

Note I'm (Preston) responding to:

Thanks to Chuck Dederich - we now have brain police and that ilk running our
newest mind prisons - aka rehabs.  I spent two and a half years in Synanon -
they practiced mind control and got you hooked on screaming - oh yeah,
reality therapy where everybody gets in a room and plays rat pack as they
verbally cathart their guts out three times a week.

Dayflop, Phoenix Louse, all the way from catered meals at Betty Ford to
those eating donated garbage like hot dogs with purple coloring accidentally
added (that's how we survived at Synanon) - they taught us how to go out and
procure goods from the community (beg).

And after two and a half years - I wasn't cured but I was more articulate.
Then I took Ibogaine - which helped me to understand that I am indeed an
addict and always have been and might even stay one too.

LOLOL

Anne
http://www.eastvillagepoetry.com