[ibogaine] Weening from methadone with H

Sara Glatt sara119 at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 30 03:59:56 EDT 2004

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: HSLotsof at aol.com [mailto:HSLotsof at aol.com]
Verzonden: maandag 30 augustus 2004 7:36
Aan: ibogaine at mindvox.com
Onderwerp: Re: [ibogaine] Weening from methadone with H

In a message dated 8/29/04 11:35:31 PM, JasenHappy at optusnet.com.au writes:

<< I don't understand???

As you know meth stays in your system,bones,ect for some time.If I didnot

take Meth for

say..2weeks,I would still be very sick(probably in the middle of it).

I am sure with your experience you have reason for saying this.Is it because

of the ibogaine,

all you need to do is be off meth for two weeks?

                                                Curious and with smiles >>

Jasen,

I am uncertain on the issue of methadone staying in your bones.  I have
never
seen a research paper to indicate such.  That of course does not mean that
it
is not so.  And I cannot say anything with certainty.  And possibly like
some
other patients you would require a booster or a second treatment.  Every
patient is different.  If ibogaine were a national institute on drug abuse
project
possibly we could have a few hundred patients who could be treated after
being on short acting narcotics following methadone for two or four weeks
for
comparison.  Medicine is an art as well as a science and requires careful
observation of the patient to determine their welfare and the effects of the

medications with which they are treated.

Howard

Howard,

There is NO paper indicating that Methadone remains in the bone and bone
marrow , who is going to pay for such a paper? certainly not the one who
makes huge profit of Meth. Or the patients Organizations.
I observed patients who came here, most of them were on methadone
They All say it feels as the Meth. remains in the bone or even bone marrow,
nothing like a short working opiates. there is no mice/rat that took
methadone for 10 years or more.
The Dutch Drug authorities don't care how much Meth. Or other drugs people
take as long as it's being paid for and those who are sedated are not
causing any trouble on the streets. the authorities "think" that anyways
those kind of people like to be sedated.
I just heard on a TV program that 9 of the 10 decisions of authorities are
based on misinformation. a research that has been done in 20 different
countries.

sara

[%]