[ibogaine] Question about thyroid and IBO - Doctor?

Valerie Dionne missvalstar at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 30 00:33:47 EDT 2004

It is under my impressions that the therapy house does not accept clients
with serious psychiatric illnesses such as schizophrenia but we all know
that most people who have been addicts have been depressed at some point,
and most people show signs of depression when seeking treatment (obviously
something is wrong if it's(lifestyle/patterns) not working anymore, right?)
Val :)

>From: HSLotsof at aol.com
>To: ibogaine at mindvox.com
>Subject: Re: [ibogaine] Question about thyroid and IBO - Doctor?
>Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 19:28:54 EDT
>
>Where is a doctor when you need one to answer a question.  See below.
>Anything I would tell you would be guess.
>
>Howard
>
>In a message dated 8/28/04 6:18:52 PM, trtye at gci.net writes:
>
> >Howard, perhaps you can tell me (or anyone else) why ibogaine might be
> >contraindicated for someone with a thyroid condition? What about
>Barrett's
> >Esophagus (bad case of G.E.R.D.)? What if these conditions have been
>stabilized
> >for some time with medications?
> >

> >For instance, Iboga Therapy House states in their FAQ that they will not
> >treat anyone with .... [a long list of health conditions] ... which
>include
> >thyroid problems, gastrointestinal problems and psychiatric problems.
>Wouldn't
> >that last one eliminate just about all of us?
> >

> >I know they have to protect themselves and I greatly respect what they
> >do, but I am curious as to the medical reasons why you wouldn't treat
>someone
> >with hypothyroid (like me) or possibly acid reflux (Barrett's esophagus
> >- me too) and of course psychiatric problems (nothing interesting, just
> >common old clinical depression).
> >
> >Thanks for answers and/or directions to someone who can answer. Good
>thoughts
> >to all of you, Terrell

>[%]

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen
Technology.
first two months FREE*.