[ibogaine] Weening from methadone with H

cw chowlee at qwest.net
Sun Aug 29 19:36:44 EDT 2004

ROFL;
Very reminiscent of when I kicked a 50-60 Perkoset habit, about 6 weeks before I got out of college, and tried keeping myself feeling OK by taking about 10 Ultram a day.  All I did was drag it out from the week (apx) of hell, had I just gone "cold turkey", into a week of hell, followed by 4-5 more weeks of feeling almost as bad.   Ahhhhh .... If I'd only known then, what I know now ..... well, you all know the story.

Julie:  I had similar thoughts a few months ago, when I jumped off of an 8 - 12, 80mg Oxy a day habit.  I even had a pharmacist agree with me, but was not able to give me anything without a Dr.'s ok.  Although I was mainly on Oxycontin, I had been taking Methadone at night for a while, so I would wake up feeling a little less dead.

Anyway, the thought (of a few of us) was to give me some Oxycodone IR (Instant Release), for a couple of weeks, so the Methadone would have a little time to leave my body, before switching to Suboxone, which was a very rough transition for me, whether from my Dr. under RX'ing me for the first week, or actually from the Meth, I can't be sure, but I suspect both played a part.  However, I did not have it as rough as those that jumped straight from a full dose of Methadone to Suboxone.

The switching drugs is a great idea in theory, but I just made the jump from Oxycontin to Suboxone, just about a week ago and had a couple extra Oxy's and some of the Oxy IR, so I could go through an easier transition.  Guess what?  I polished it all off, Sunday night, when I had planned on tapering until Tuesday (at least Monday).  I still think it's a valid idea; just not one we tend to follow through with.  If you could handle some Hydrocodone or Morphine, AND have someone who can dole them out to you, I think you'd be much better served.
My best wishes are with you,
Charlie

www.pokerweb.com -