mcorcoran mcorcoran27 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 29 14:33:50 EDT 2004

Preston, headin to the park with the other 150,000 or so people who are not supposed to be there. Shit for that reason alone you'd think you'd jump on the train. Enjoy your breakfast and I'll call you later.

mcorcoran <mcorcoran27 at yahoo.com> wrote: Thanks Howard and I'll say it again no one else got though and made me a believer like you were able to. You played a bigger role than you'll ever know in saving me.
As for med school, I think I might have mentioned my dad was a doctor and I watched medicine dishearten, depress, and eventually to some degree, kill my dad.  My experience has been that MOST doctors who go into medicine with the intention of helping people and not make themselves and drug companies rich very often become casualties to that kind of thing. My dad said on his death bed that if he had it to do all over again he would have loved to have done something like teach English Lit and would have never gone near medicine.
So who knows maybe in some cases the second generation does get it right but to answer your question. I am too into helping people these days to ever consider being a doctor. ;o)