[ibogaine] google on ibogaine

mcorcoran mcorcoran27 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 29 13:13:42 EDT 2004

Thats a tremendous opportunity. An approch that can't be minimized or written off. A pain patient that was taking 500 60 mil Oxys every two weeks comes back in to the pain management clinic a week later and needs a 1/4 or even less of what he was taking before. How can that be anything but a huge medical breakthrough? Why is the medical field so uninformed when it comes to something so profound? Wait, I think I know the answer to that one.

Preston Peet <ptpeet at nyc.rr.com> wrote: >I think that one of the
area the folks who are setting up the underground railroad for ibogaine
treatments have to consider is forming alliances with the pain patient
rights
groups. And that has to be done be getting ibogaine to pain management
patients.<

Yeah, I agree, being a pain patient and all.
I can't wait to hand my doc that cool book about ibogaine- both he and the
assistant doc were blown away, very obviously, that I was not only asking
for but basically demanding that my dose be lowered- and they were more than
happy to do so for me. They were very weirded out too I could tell, in that
I was admiting to having taken a very illegal drug they'd never heard of,
one that obviously works, at least for me anyway.
So it's going to be a real treat to hand them that book about ibogaine.
Peace and love,
Preston

Sent: Sunday, August 29, 2004 1:12 AM
Subject: Re: [ibogaine] google on ibogaine

> In a message dated 8/28/04 11:56:57 PM, Sapphirestardus at aol.com writes:
>
> >P.S. Howard, I have a question. I am sure you have thought about this
> >approach but the lack of incentive due to small profits from Ibogaine use
> >could be offset by it's use with opiates in chronic pain management
cases.
> Of course
> >I am referring to pretty small amounts but if IBO undoes 'addiction' and
also
> >lowers one's tolerance to opiates, couldn't it be touted as a useful
> supplement
> >when administered with opiate medication? It would keep the patient's
need
> >for increasing dosages to a minimum and would (could?)prevent addiction!
What
> >do you think?
>
> Julian,
>
> Ibogaine ability to potentiate opiate analgesia was one of the earliest
> discoveries in the modern ibogaine period. jurg Schneider, a Ciba
pharmacologist
> who went on to become the President of Dupont's biochemicals division
made the
> discovery in the 1950s.
>
> Pharmaceutical companies do not want to develop molecules found in nature
and
> for whatever reason, they apparently don't want to develop any of the
iboga
> alkaloids that may have a potential to effect drug dependence. If iboga
> alkaloids were out there to be used as an adjunct to pain management you
can bet
> your bottom dollar there would be off label uses galore. I think that one
of the
> area the folks who are setting up the underground railroad for ibogaine
> treatments have to consider is forming alliances with the pain patient
rights
> groups. And that has to be done be getting ibogaine to pain management
patients.
> On my part I will initiate contact with pain management organizations for
> political actions issues but, I'm simply not going to be among the front
line
> troops dosing patients: Been there, done that.
>
> For those of you who cannot get to the Harm Reduction Conference in New
> Orleans in November, I will have my presentation up on the Ibogaine
Dossier and I