[ibogaine] Re: Hey all...

cw chowlee at qwest.net
Sun Aug 29 01:46:52 EDT 2004

Since I was 18 (I'm 41 now), I have been to treatment for, and successfully recovered from being a hard core alcoholic (+misc experiments, pot, shrooms, etc), for 8 years anyway, started drinking again as well as being an obsessive crack smoker, and after a few years more of abuse, treatment, clean & sober for another 8 years.  That brings me up to the opiate abuse of the past 5-6 years, where I managed to stay clean, by using Suboxone, for 5 weeks, followed by relapse.
In the past 25 years, I've seriously tried quitting smoking (tobacco); I lasted four weeks when in my early 20's, and a total of 13 days, about 5 years ago.  Despite the pain and hell of opiate withdrawal, I know I can kick opiates long term (5 days on Suboxone today), before I can say the same for smokes.
This is one of the major factors that encourage me about doing a serious Ibo treatment.  I know there's no guarantee, but if I could quit either at this point, it would be miracle enough; to get my head "broken open" to the point where I could happily stay away from both, would mean more to me than I can express ... but I'm sure many have a good idea anyway.
Thanks to all, for letting me blow off steam,
Charlie

www.pokerweb.com -