[ibogaine] To Mr. Howard question about Purkinje Cells

HSLotsof at aol.com HSLotsof at aol.com
Sat Aug 28 12:59:51 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/28/04 11:43:54 AM, fakeplacebo at hotmail.com writes:

>What is the story about Purkinje Cells and what is that mean "100mg/kg
>Iboga cause degeneration  in Purkinje cells rats brain even a single use"
>And would you tell me what is Purkinje Cell

Do a google.com search for Purkinje cell.  Marc Molliver and Elizabeth
O'Hearn injected rats with 100mg/kg of ibogaine and observed the damage to or death
of Purkinje cells in the brain.  Helen Molinari, a colleague of Glick found
that 40mg/kg of ibogaine caused no Purkinje cell injury and Xu and Ali out of
the FDA laboratory at the National Toxicological Research Center found that
there was no damage to Purkinje cells in the brains of rats at 25mg/kg ibogaine by
injection.  Whether such Purkinje cell damage occurs in humans is unknown and
if so, there is no determination as to whether the effect would be
significant or beneficial or detrimental to the subject.  Other researchers have
indicated that alcohol use causes much greater damage and other researchers still
that withdrawal causes greater damage.

So welcome to the ibogaine neurotoxicity crap shoot (throwing the dice and
seeing what happens).

Howard